Thursday, May 3, 2012

Solid Ground


I to take a moment to thank all of you who have made this such a tremendous year for St. David's and our mission and ministry. Both the parish and our staff have all given of their time and talent and treasure to seek after God and to make God known to others. So, on behalf of God, I thank you.

It's raining as I write this week's message and though I enjoy rain, I am reminded that not all of our days are filled with that deep sense of thanksgiving and goodness for the many blessings of our lives. Sometimes our lives are hard. Sometimes there are dead ends that challenge us to our very cores. Sometimes there are tears and real sadness. And sometimes life simply overwhelms us and we feel as though we are up to our waists in mud and muck.

Like many of you, I know I feel that way, probably more than I would admit and certainly more than I reveal. For good or ill, it's not usually acceptable to show our sadness to others or when we're going through difficulties. We hope and expect that those moments or seasons will pass quickly and we can return to our sunny selves.

Thankfully, as with all our lives with God, we are not alone. God is with us in the mud and the muck. God is with us in the sadness and the struggles we face. God is always with us to empower, encourage and lift us up onto solid ground.

As people of God, we may live each day in hope and confidence, whatever we may be feeling or facing, because God is with us and is always moving us to solid ground.

Grace and Peace,
WFA

No comments:

Post a Comment